After months under lockdown, England greets this Monday with the easing of restrictions. Here is the digest on what you can do from today onwards.
- Groups of up to 30 are able to meet outdoors, though caution is advised in terms of forms of close contact, such as hugging.
- 2 households or up to 6 people are now able to meet indoors.
- Pubs, cafes and restaurants can now serve customers indoors.
- Entertainments establishments such as cinemas, stadiums, museums and theatres are now able to reopen and welcome visitors in limited capacity.
- Organised exercise classes and sports can now take place in an indoor setting.
- Hotels and other hospitality establishments can now welcome guests.
- And hug loved ones!
Comments made by the PM suggest that by the 21st of June, the country is hoping to be able to remove the legal limitations on social distancing, as well as work towards the reopening of higher capacity venues.
For more information on the roadmap towards a new normal, visit the government COVID-19 response summary of the Covid-19 road map.
For more information on getting vaccinated, visit the NHS vaccination summary on the NHS website.